Oh my goodness, I’ve been tagged for this twice by Lindsay at Yacking About Lacquer and Glitter Gloves! I’m really terrible at talking about myself and even worse at getting others to talk about themselves, so I kind of put it off until I could find something interesting to write about. But if we wait for that, I think this would never get done, so here goes. 7 things about myself, in no particular order:
1. I have recently developed a fear and disgust of raisins in food. I have no idea why this is, but raisins in bread and cereal are just sort of bothering me lately. Dried raisins are OK, it’s just when they get re-plumped up in bread or milk that they give me the willies.
2. I love old things- thrift stores, vintage jewelry and clothes, and old advertisments. I sometimes feel like I was born in the wrong century. I enjoy things with a history.
3. I travel every chance I get and have been to over 40 countries, including some fascinating out-of-the way places like Tonga and Mongolia.
4. I’m pretty lousy at sports and was always picked last in gym class when they made teams (do they still do that in school?) I don’t mind goofing off and playing some Frisbee, but you don’t want me on your team if you’re having any kind of serious game.
5. I have always driven sensible, small Japanese cars. I’ve owned or driven 2 Toyota Corollas, a Toyota pickup truck, a Daihatsu Mira (what a piece of junk!) a Subaru Vivio, a Honda Civic and now I own a Suzuki motorcycle. When I get back to America, I’m buying a frivolous American car with a lot of juice under the hood so I can finally burn someone at a traffic light. And I’m putting NTMG vanity plates on it if that’s not already taken. AND I’m hanging my Swarovski crystal-encrusted brass knuckles (Mr. NTMG made them for me to celebrate 500 Etsy sales!) from the rearview mirror. I know a fast car with a big engine is not exactly environmentally friendly, but I’ve been driving less than 1000km per year in 660 cc vehicles or under for the last decade. Surely it’s got to even out.
6. Most of my favorite nail polish and lipstick shades are the ones that look worst on me. Example: Misa’s Throw Me Something Purple Please, a beautiful medium periwinkle and a color that I love. Unfortunately, it makes my nails look really cold and sort of undead. I also keep buying pink lipstick, despite the fact that it clashes with my ghostly toned skin and dark hair.
7. One of my favorite quotes is by Henry David Thoreau: “If a man loses pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured, or far away. ” Sometimes I think I’m hearing an accordion player with a kazoo backup band, but I can confidently say I’m not going to go along with something that I don’t believe in. I was always that way, even as a kidlet.
Um…yeah. So there are some scintillating* facts about me. Hope that wasn’t too boring and I’ll be back with the polish tomorrow. Thanks for tagging me, lovely ladies! Everyone I probably would have tagged for this has done it quite a long time ago, so consider yourself tagged by me if you want to go ahead and share some facts about yourself with the world!
#*8: Bonus Fact! I am a formidable adversary at Reader’s Digest Word Power.