I’m hanging around JFK airport waiting for my flight to depart tomorrow morning, so I have some time to do a little blogging! I’ve been thinking back on 2010 and the year went really fast. I was fortunate enough to keep my job, but I know many people weren’t. I hope 2011 will be the year that the economy recovers, since I’ll (probably) be leaving the Far East this year and I need to find a job somewhere! I hope my next job won’t involve a uniform with a nametag and a baseball hat, but you never know.
Some things I’ve learned this year:
1. It’s seemingly impossible to mix a black glitter jelly nail polish where the glitter really shows- I’m thinking of a black version of China Glaze Ruby Pumps. Maybe someone else can, but I haven’t been able to yet. Then again, neither could Deborah Lippmann (remember Funky Chunky?)
2. Don’t rely on your GPS to get you anywhere, bring an old fashioned map just in case. You may need it after the GPS takes you to the middle of nowhere for no apparent reason. Don’t ask me how I know this. (Hint: it’s why I have time to blog right now!)
3. Reality TV just might be America’s worst export ever.
4. There is no downside to bringing your own toilet paper with you, especially while travelling. A single tissue can sometimes make a lot of difference!
5. Everyone needs quiet time. The more impossible you think it is to fit in your schedule, the more you probably need it.
6. Don’t go to the Chinese restaurant buffet just before closing time.
7. Don’t bother with any topcoat but Seche Vite or Poshe. Just my personal opinion but those work like magic for me and both are cruelty-free. Seche will always be my favorite. I’ll stop using them if they sell out like OPI and Essie but that will be the only thing that could get my giant 8 0z Seche bottle away from me. Nubar and Orly are also cruelty-free and have some very popular topcoats too if you find Seche doesn’t work for you.
Hmm, I’m pretty sleepy for now but I’ll think of another three tidbits of advice to round out the list. For now, I’m wishing everyone a safe and happy New Year!