Well, this one was a bit of a surprise. I added some pigment (Fyrinnae Black Plum, a deep plum with silver microsparkles) to some red jelly polish (Essie Jelly Apple), thinking I’d get a warmish purple with tiny sparkles.
The pigment had hidden black in the base, so I got a different result than I expected. The pigment acted like black, rather than purple. I got a pleasing jelly burgundyish color, but it’s not all that summery. It also needed 3 semi-thick coats to be really opaque. I added some gold glitter stripes and some rhinestone flower baubles to lighten things up.
I’ll just call this an early winter color for my Oz and NZ readers!