Well, my original post got eaten somehow. Here’s some burgundy nails with black and white marbling for a gray Monday in Japan.
The burgundy base is made of Essie Clutch Me If You Can (or just mix creme red with a couple drops of black) plus two drops of yellow to warm the color up a bit. Finally, I added some silverish holo glitter into the mix. I used China Glaze Visit Me In Prizm, but any glitter will do.
To do the marbling, I used the same technique as in the Halloween Marbling Tutorial.
1) Paint the base color and let dry well.
2) Apply a slightly thick layer of clear polish (not quick dry!)
3) Paint on stripes for marbling on the wet clear polish. In this case, I painted the stripes in a white/black/white/black pattern.
4) Drag your pin or thumbtack through the stripes, making an “x” in the design. I painted the stripes from right to left, so I dragged the pin through the design left to right. See the Halloween Marbling tutorial for pictures.
5) While the stripes are still tacky, dab on some clear polish or a topcoat to flatten out the design and fill in any gaps.
You could add a jewel or rhinestone over the marbling for even more sparkly pizzaz. Have fun!